Franklin American Mortgage - Franklin American Mortgage Misses Closing Date and more

Mar 21, 2008
review #116127

Franklin American Mortgage is one of the worst run companies.They missed our closing date by now 3 business days, not including the weekend.

They are disorganized, disrepectful, and can't even be bothered to contact my mortgage broker when they say they will. My mortgage broker has never had any problem with a company like them, and this is the first time in 4 years that my realtor has had a deal close in escrow. Many of the documents they sent over were wrong as well. I will NEVER use them again, and look forward to selling or refinancing so I can end the relationship with these fools.

We now have had to rescedule our moving, and services twice to accomodate things.

858c278
0.8
Had an experience with Franklin American Mortgage?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
Stuck

Feb 16, 2013 Omaha, Nebraska

Unfortunately my loan was sold to them. Still waiting on an answer on whether or not they received my property tax information.....

Just waiting for them to sell me off.

Jan 15, 2013

You have to sit on hold for over 20 minutes to get information about where to make your online payment-for those of you, like me, freaking out looking for the website before your payment is late, it is FAMCHOMELOAN.COM. Everytime I googled online payment, it brought me to a page that said that option was not available at this time. I kept trying everyday with the same response, finally today I call the number it tells you to call for payments. I sat on hold for over 20 minutes, when the woman finally answered my call she was rude..acted like I was a *** and kept trying to hang up on me. If I wait 20 minutes for your company to answer my call, you *** well better patiently help me and answer my questions, instead I got "Ok mam, is that all? Ok mam.. Ok mam.. Heres another number if you have more problems" What a joke!! I spoke with her for less than 1 minute!! Get better customer service personnel and maybe a few more of them so the people paying you thousands of dollars a month are treated better!!! :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Nov 20, 2012

To the loving, and excited employees at FAMC. Look at the reviews. 7 out of the 10 reviews you go here are bad! That is like the person that has been married 7 times, and says it has to be the other person! Wake up and smell the coffee! If you really don't think it is your company, and you feel like they are doing a great job, then you need to do something about it. Stand up to your company, and let them know what is going on. That is the only way real change takes place

0 0 Reply
Where do I go to make an onlin

Oct 02, 2012

PLEASE HELP! Where do I toto make an online payment? My loan has already been sold to the service department. Thanks.

Mr. Smith

Oct 02, 2012

This company is a scam. Do no use them. They advertise to banks as a lender but in fact they are just another broker. They do not take care of your loan they will sell it immediately. Their website is set up to time out within a few seconds so that when you try to log in you are locked out. You can not get in to set up auto pay or pay online. They are in the business of trying to destroy your credit and take your property. If you banks wants to run your loan through them find another bank. I though Bank of America was the worst but I was wrong. I should never have let my wife talk me into refinancing my home. RUN, RUN, RUN!!

John-Dalton Slacker

Aug 22, 2012

If your assigned to the processor Jihn Dalton. . . Run, run far, far away! He will jack your closing, files, life all up! :eek

employee99

Jul 20, 2012

To "yahright", we take the 1st payment via check but after your loan is sold to our servicing dept, you CAN set up autopay. To PAM, I have worked here over 12 years and we have never changed our name, so not sure if you are speaking of the right company or not, but I can assure you our name has not changed. We aren't perfect by any means, but I have worked here over 12 years for a reason. Good folks, good company. I work at the corporate location in TN.

FAMC former employee, Irving T

May 18, 2012

I would not recommend working at FAMC. The pay and benefits are terrible and only the "friends" of management get promoted. Like Crystal Flores a previous babysitter for Robert Frank JR.(VP at FAMC)that has been working there for years and getting paid for doing nothing... I have never seen such incompetent management. Avoid this company at all costs. Very racist as well...

Completely Frustrated

May 17, 2012

Something has truly gone wrong at FAMC. I've used them in the past to close 3 of my homes with no problems. Now, this time we set up a double close on a home and both were financed through FAMC. The loan processor was fully aware of the closing dates and the situation at hand. All of our belongs are in storage and have been for 4 days now and our new home is still not closed. In fact, I'm being told that the loan just now went to underwriting. It's funny as I've been told for the last three days, that we would be closing at any time. All I have to say is that the lack of communication and organization is terrible now. DO NOT USE FRANKLIN AMERICAN MORTGAGE COMPANY!!!!

Proud to work for FAMC

Apr 09, 2012

Dear JR, first of all, I am not a PR person. I am a wife, mother, daughter and a real employee of 7 years at Franklin American Mortgage. I'm sorry that you have such a negative outlook on things, but believe it or not, I was just stating my TRUTH about how I feel about this company. It has nothing to do with you. I have always been treated fairly at this company and I'm sure you will find many other employees that feel the same way. The one's with negative remarks may have a case for one reason or another, or it may be that they are lazy, didn't do their job, didn't treat our customers well, and they want to blame the company. I do work hard everyday and yes, believe it or not, good Customer Service is my top priority. Dealing with customers with bad attitudes and negative remarks is a bit challenging, but I have learned that it is best to try to difuse the situation and hear the customer out and fix whatever is wrong if at all possible. Of course, I can only speak for myself and not all other employees. A lot of employees here are like family and we enjoy coming to work each day and seeing each other. There have been dozens of employees that have left for other jobs and have returned to Franklin American. That says a lot about this company and the people that work here. So, as I stated before, I apologize to anyone that has had a bad experience with our company. Sometimes you don't hear the whole story and sometimes it's not our fault that you had a bad... Show more

JR

Mar 29, 2012

@"Proud to work for FAMC" Typical PR person paid by the company to say something that makes them look good when REAL people state truths about the company and the bad experience they've had. I've seen it all too many times and have experienced the same *** with other companies. How much did they pay you idiots? People aren't that ***. They got your comment routine figured out by now you ***.

Proud to work for FAMC

Mar 29, 2012

I have worked for Franklin American Mortgage Company for many years and I have to say it is one of the best places I have ever worked. In ALL companies, you have good employees and bad. When I see comments like this, it makes me think that because you weren't doing your job, you probably got in trouble and that is why you are mad. For the loans that had problems, I apologize to you. We close thousands of loans each month and yes, there are going to be problems with loans from time to time but there is always two sides to every story. At FAMC, we strive for good customer service. I am not in management, but I do know that my manager always talks to us about taking care of the customer. I always do whatever I can to help the customer and will work late or weekends to make sure their loans are closed on time. Of course, sometimes this is out of our hands because we are waiting for information from the customer, title company or broker. Franklin American Mortgage is a great company that treats its employess well and wants the best for all of it's customers. Like any other company, we aren't perfect, but we do strive to be the best in the business.

Pam

Mar 27, 2012

Today is Tuesday, March 27, 2012. I am moving from Atlanta to Gulfport, MS and thought everything was going well on our home. Well my husband was notified this afternoon that his work is considered "temp" even though the verification of employment says probabiltiy of continued employment is "excellent". The shocker is, we were going to rent the home until we close and now that we can't close, we are out of a house and I'm moving in 2, yes 2 days. I emailed the rep. at Franklin American yesterday and didn't get a response, my husband calls & the line is busy, come to find out they are changing their name and moving offices so that excuses them from doing their job. I would NEVER recommend this company. They have screwed us out of our dream home. Now I've got 1 day to find somewhere for my family to live. Thanks alot!

Franklin American Mortgage Com

Jan 19, 2012

I have dealt with this company and all I have to say is stay away from them. I have contacted them over 15 times and everytime I call, I get a different answer! Its a good thing they are not local because I would be in jail otherwise. They kept my insurance money in escrow and didnt give me interest on it. So the longer they hassle with me the more they get to collect interest on the money. DONT USE THIS CRAPPY MORTGAGE COMPANY!!!!!!!

The Harrells

Jan 03, 2012

FAMC increased our mortgage payment in October citing that our insurance premiums had increased. I contacted my insurance company and learned that my premium had in fact decreased by almost $300.00, but my deductible was what increased. My deductible has NOTHING to do with FAMC. They have been contacted 4 times in writing, twice by phone, and 1 time via fax directly from Cotton States to correct their records. Just got the January statement and my bill doesn't reflect the correction.
At this point I don't think it's negligence, I think it's dishonesty.

Customer yah right

Dec 16, 2011

I am a customer, apparently in my mind alone, as i can never seem to get intoush with anyone there. What mortgage company today doesnt have an online automatic monthly payment system? And what is up with charging people money to make a payment. Is that what the you are making all the interest for? It is just plain archaic that you have to right a check each instead of and ato pay system. Each time I see anything arrive inthe mail, I hold my breathe hoping they sold my loan to Wells Fargo.....

FAMC EMPLOY.

Dec 06, 2011

I would not recommend working at FAMC. The pay and benefits are terrible and only the "friends" of management get promoted. I have never seen such inept management. Raquel Hernandez is crazy. Avoid this company at all costs.

Showing 1-20 of 45 comments

×
You were reading a complaint about Franklin American Mortgage.
Filing a new complaint about
×